We are very proud of one of our Next Step members. Kintwon is the youngest winner ever selected by WRAL during their Black History celebration event.
Activities have emphasis on attitude, opportunity and achievements for the family.
1. After School & Saturday Academy will provide experienced assistance in all subject areas.
2. Service Learning/Mentoring is a one-to-one caring, supportive relationship between a mentor and
student that is based on trust.
Tutoring, also a one-to-one activity, focuses on academics and is an effective way to address specific
needs such as reading, writing, and math competencies.
3. Conflict Resolution and Violence Prevention will involve a comprehensive violence prevention plan, including conflict resolution, as well as crisis management. Violence prevention means providing
daily experiences at all grade levels that enhance positive social attitudes and effective interpersonal
skills in all students. This will include best practices around bullying.
4. Family Involvement Service Learning connects meaningful community service experiences with
academic learning. This teaching/learning method promotes personal and social growth, career
development, and civic responsibility, and is a powerful vehicle for effective school reform at all grade
5. Leadership Innovation - What it Takes to Be a Leader will explore with the youth the realities of how
leadership affects your everyday life. We will take the youth through the characteristics of a leader’s
personality, the different types of leadership, and the different roles that leaders take on to get the
Visit us on Facebook!!!